- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
- 2 carrots , chopped (about 1 cup)
- ½ onion , chopped
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup raw macadamias
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 1 - 2 cups of almond milk*
- 1 cup nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
*Coconut milk will make it more Thai style
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan. Once hot add the carrots and onion and stir for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the broccoli, raw macadamias, vegetable broth, and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the broccoli and carrots are soft.
- Blend with stick blender until smooth. Stir in the almond milk, nutritional yeast, and lemon juice. Taste and add a touch more salt, pepper and nutritional yeast if needed.