- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbsp. Otopia® Chocolate O'Fit Protein powder
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 teas. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup medjool dates, finely chopped & soaked
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. water (or more if needed)
- In a heatproof bowl, cover the dates with boiling water and leave to soak for 30 minutes to soften. Drain.
- Put the almonds, almond meal, protein powder, cacao and salt in a food processor or blender. Pulse until the nuts break down and then combine other ingredients.
- Add the dates and half the water and run the food processor until the mixture becomes thick and sticky. At this point you should be able to form balls that stick together. If it’s too loose and crumbly, add another tablespoon of water and process until everything comes together. If its too sticky add a little more almond meal.
- Scoop pieces of the mixture and roll into balls between your palms. If you are feeling extra creative, you can coat them in a garnish of your choice (optional) - coconut, crushed freeze-dried raspberries, crushed macadamia nuts or chopped pistachios (lightly toasted). Place your yummy creations in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour, overnight if possible. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer.